The Dutch academic thinktank Sustainable Finance Lab (SFL) is looking for a creative and independently working colleague. SFL bridges the gap between science and practice. As such we contribute to a stable financial sector aimed at sustainable economic development.
You work together in a small team on various projects on themes such as the sustainability of financial institutions, their supervision, the sustainability of monetary and budgetary policy and sustainable investments in emerging countries. You support SFL professors in their research and its translation into the practice of financial institutions, central banks, governments and international institutions. You will be on top of the latest developments in the financial sector and work together with leading international experts, financiers and policymakers. This role offers you plenty of opportunities to further develop your organizational talent and your writing and research skills.
What you’re going to do
• Implement the SFL research agenda
• Disseminating the results
• Organizing public and private meetings
• Maintain and expand the (inter)national SFL network in academia, the financial sector, among policymakers, regulators, civil society organizations and media
Who you are
• You are curious about making the financial sector more sustainable and have a burning desire to make a difference in the coming decisive years
• You have excellent writing skills and love to include others in your story
• You have an academic level of thinking, an independent working attitude and strong organizational skills
• You are available for at least four days (32 hours per week), of which two days at the office in Utrecht
• You have an excellent command of English and preferably Dutch
• You preferably have a number of years of experience in research, organizing events and the financial sector
What we offer
• A challenging role where you will learn a lot and express many of your own ideas
• An appropriate fee based on the university collective labor agreement and the experience you bring
• A workplace at the Utrecht School of Economics at Utrecht University
• The possibility to work part time and partly from home
• An annual contract with the intention of a longer-term commitment
Over the past twelve years, SFL has shown that it can bridge the gap between science and practice, mobilizing major players to direct financial flows towards a fair and sustainable economy. We do this by conducting research, launching new ideas and organizing discussions about them with all those involved, from financial institutions, science and social organizations to regulators, politicians and ministries.
The chairmen of the independent Sustainable Finance Lab Foundation are Dirk Schoenmaker (Erasmus professor) and Peter Blom (Club of Rome, former CEO of Triodos Bank).
See also: https://sustainablefinancelab.nl/en/
Please note that the SFL cannot provide candidates with a work permit in the Netherlands. Therefore, we can only accept applications from EU citizens and third country nationals who already hold the Dutch work permit independently.
Do you want to know more?
For more substantive information about this position, please contact Rens van Tilburg, director of SFL (firstname.lastname@example.org). Will you join us? Please respond before November 10 by sending your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com